Mixed berry sauce angel food cake
- 1 (1 pound) frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- 2 to 3 * 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 * 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 * 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 * 1 (about 13 ounces) store-bought angel food cake, for serving
. In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, zest, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until berries have softened and released their juices, 10 to 12 minutes. Let compote cool slightly.
2. Cut angel food cake into 8 wedges. Spoon compote over or alongside cake wedges and serve. (Compote can be served at room temperature or cold.)