Yummy Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon zest, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Press into an ungreased 9x13 pan.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in the powdered sugar. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture in refrigerator for later use.
Beat the remaining 2 eggs and add the vanilla. Beat egg mixture into remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over the cake mixture.
Bake @ 350 degrees until set, approximately 25 - 30 minutes. Cool the pan completely on a wire rack. Spread the refrigerated cream cheese mixture over the cooled bars. Refrigerate until firm and then cut into squares to serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)