Papa Garcia's Salsa
Probably a 100 year old recipe, actually taught to Papa by Grandma Genevieve's Mother in the 1940's. Instead of teaching the recipe, Papa would just make you a jar. I think it was just easier for him. Thus, we called it the top-secret salsa recipe.
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3-4 jalapeños roasted and sliced thin the long way
- 3 to 4 roasted peeled tomatoes, chopped
- cilantro sprigs
- juice of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- low sodium chicken broth 'to cut it'
- kosher salt
- fresh course ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place chopped ingredients in Molcajete in small bunches and process to desired consistency slowly adding cilantro, lime and lemon juice. When finished cut with chicken broth and more tomatoes to desired heat.
Add 1/4 lemon to each jar.
As Papa used to say "Cut it! Cut it, it's too GOD-damn hot!"
...recipe makes about 1 pint