Candy Corn Cheesecake
A simple homemade cheesecake with a cool candy corn design!
- 2 Cups graham crackers, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Pinch salt
- 32 Ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 Cups sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Pinch salt
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Candy corns, for decoration
For crust, pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they are ground. Then stir in with sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and melted butter.
2. Find a plastic cup and a slightly larger plastic bowl or container that you can cut apart. Set the containers in your springform pan before you add your crust to the pan. Don't cut out the bottoms yet though for the cup and bowl.
3. Make filling by adding cream cheese and sugar to a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs one at a time, followed by sour cream and heavy cream. Then add the vanilla and pinch of salt.
5. Pour filling into your pan without the crust and divide it evenly between the center cup, the middle layer, and outer layer. This is just to make sure you have the correct amount of filling for each layer.
6. Remove the layers and keep the amount of filling separate for each part.
7. Leave the center layer (in the cup) white. Color the filling that is in the middle layer (bowl) with mostly yellow, but a few drops of red until it reaches a deep orange color. Color the outer filling with just yellow. You'll need a lot of yellow to get a really rich color.
8. Clean out your springform pan now, dry it well, and press your crust into the bottom of the pan. Bake it at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Then let it cool.
9. Now take your plastic cup and bowl and cut the bottoms out of each. Set them on your cooled crust.
10. Pour the layers into each section. White in the very center, orange in middle, yellow on the outside. Since you already measured the layers, they should be perfect.
11. Remove the dividers in each layer being careful to scrape down the sides of each divider. Then spread out the filling to it's even. Try not to mix the colors though.
12. Wrap the springform pan tightly in foil and bake the cake in a steaming water batch for 90 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Check it and if the cake isn't mostly firm then bake it for another 20 minutes
13. When cake is firm, turn off oven heat, and slightly crack the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool slowly in the oven for one hour.
14. Remove cheesecake and let cool at room temperature, then chill for 30 minutes.
15. Remove springform pan and decorate with candy corns.