Asparagus & Leek Bisque
- 4 Tbl butter
- 1 Cup leeks, cleaned, thinly sliced, white part only
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus, tough ends removed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 3 Tbl all purpose flour
- 1 qt Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb lump crab (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add asparagus and pepper. Saute another 4 minutes.
Add flour & saute until mixture begins to bubble and just starts to toast lightly.
Gradually stir chicken stock into the flour mixture for a smooth consistency. Add Sherry.
Simmer until asparagus is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Transfer soup in small batches to a blender and puree until smooth. Return pan with pureed soup to heat. Add cream and stir until just heated through. Do not boil.
Add crab to the soup with cream and stir until just heated through. Salt to taste.
NOTE: I did not puree, and I added potato. It was great this way as well.
You'll also love
- Mahi Mahi Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Layer Cream Cheese Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crispy Potato Latkes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Purée 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Tomato and Asparagus Stir... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek & Pancetta Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom, leek, and fontina gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)