Requesón Revuelto (Ricotta Scramble with Tomatoes)
This scramble of fresh ricotta, flavored with chiles, onions, and tomatoes, is delicious wrapped in warm tortillas or piled on toasted bread.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Warm tortillas, for serving
Adapted from saveur.com
Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add chiles and onion, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring, until almost dry, about 6 minutes. Add ricotta, and cook, stirring often, until mixture begins to turn light brown and ricotta is very smooth and thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt; serve immediately with tortillas.