Sweet Potato, Kale & Sausage Bake with White Cheese Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (3-4 cups)
- 450 g Italian pork or chicken sausage, cut into small rounds
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped kale or cabbage
Adapted from pinchofyum.com
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and Italian sausage. Shake to coat in oil, let sit for a few minutes to brown, and shake the pan gently again to move everything around. Repeat until the sweet potatoes and sausage both have golden brown exteriors. Toss with the kale and transfer to a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bring the broth and ½ cup milk to a low boil, then turn the heat to keep it at a low simmer. Whisk the flour and remaining ¼ cup milk to form a thick paste. Add this to the broth, whisking to keep the sauce smooth. Add ¼ cup Gruyere and stir until melted.
3. Pour the sauce over the sweet potatoes, kale, and sausage in the baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- “ Marry Me” Roast Beef... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal breakfast bars 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broiled Ricotta Cheese With... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Seed and Millet... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- (Crockpot) Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini and Sausage... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Layered Mashed Potato & Mushroom... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mushroom Spinach Omelet 4.4/5 (10 Votes)