Raisin Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or old fashioned ~ uncooked
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork until creamy **(see update below)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raisins, or to taste ((optional ~ you can add in some dried cranberries (replacing some of the raisins) if you include the use of dried cranberries in your diet. Trader Joe's makes a really good one.))
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (or regular, if you prefer) ***(see update below)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into the applesauce.
Blend applesauce mixture with all other ingredients & let sit for 10 minutes
Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into rounds.
Bake approx. 20 - 30 minutes, or until golden & done.
Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
Store in a covered container when completely cool.
Enjoy for breakfast, for an afternoon snack with tea/coffee or just about anytime!