Spanish Turkey Meatball Stew
Very easy and very tasty.
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 14oz cans low-sodium diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup loosely packed parsley, chopped, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer half of the mixture to a large bowl.
2. Add the paprika and carrots to the remaining onion mixture in the skillet and cook 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and chickpeas; bring to a rapid simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the ground turkey, parsley, 1 t salt and 1/4 t pepper to the bowl with the reserved onion mixture and mix with your hands. Form the turkey mixture into 20 meatballs. Place the meatballs in the skillet with sauce and simmer, once, until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Serve with more pepper and parsley.