Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters
These strawberry margarita Jell-o shots are made by filling strawberries with the Jell-o shot mix. They are a lot of work, but worth every bit!
- 24 to 30 large strawberries
- MARGARITA MIX
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup water, hot
- 1/4 cup water, cold
- 8 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
- 6 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom. Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry. Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry. Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
Make the Jell-o Shooter Filling:
Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquor mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquor mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
Pour Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
You'll also love
- Sausage Egg Casserole 4.5/5 (109 Votes)
- Chicken-Alfredo Baked Penne 4.6/5 (101 Votes)
- Sun-Dried-Tomato and Pesto Risotto 4.4/5 (112 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 4.6/5 (99 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream No Bake... 4.6/5 (97 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (107 Votes)
- Lemonade Cupcakes with Raspberry... 4.5/5 (105 Votes)
- Strawberry Refrigerator Cake -... 4.3/5 (133 Votes)