SPINACH TORTELLINI TOMATO SOUP
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) Italian Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 4 cups tomato/spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen tortellini
- 1 bag (10-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine olive oil and butter in a large soup pot; place over medium heat and cook until butter is melted.
Add onions; cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set heat to medium-high and stir in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
Add vegetable broth; bring to a boil.
Add frozen tortellini and spinach.
Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and soup is heated through.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
You'll also love
- Balsamic-Marinated Pork Chops &... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Wiener Schnitzel with Olive Oil... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Corn and Green Bean Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chinese Noodle-Vegetable Bowl... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Panera Bread's Spinach Artichoke... 4/5 (64 Votes)
- Garlic & Herb Tomatoes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Ravioli Dolci (Sweet Ravioli) 4.5/5 (13 Votes)