Bread Bowl Beef Stew
- 1 lb. lean boneless top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5/8-oz.) pkg. brown gravy mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole potatoes, drained, quartered
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. frozen baby cut carrots, thawed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen sweet peas, thawed, drained
- 1 cup canned whole onions, drained
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease eight (10-oz.) custard cups or large muffin cups.
2. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise into 2 to 3 strips and then crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook and stir until browned. Add garlic salt, pepper, gravy mix and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, carrots, peas and onions; mix well. Simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each biscuit to form 5 1/2-inch round. Place each biscuit round into greased custard cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4-inch rim. Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture into each cup.
5. Bake at 350°F. for 14 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake an additional 8 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and beef mixture is thoroughly heated