Fiesta Bean Pot Soup
yields 1 1/2 quarts
- 1/2 lb. hot Italian sausage, bulk
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/4 tsp. beef base
- 1 1/4 cup pinto beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup red chili beans in sauce
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, canned, diced, in juice
- 3/4 tsp garlic finely minced
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp oregao,leaf
- 1/8 tsp white pepper, ground
In a stock pot, saute sausage until brown. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
Add water and beef base. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
Add beans, tomatoes and spices. Return to boiling, then reduce heat and boil gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.