Gingered Peach Jam
From Family Circle 9/2013
- 6 large peaches
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Place peaches in large pot of boiling water for 1 minute; rinse in cold water and peel.
2. Remove pits and cut into wedges (about 6 cups).
3. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. In a medium stainless steel saucepan, combine peaches, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and salt.
5. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
6. Ladle into Mason jars and cool. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.