Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes
Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes is a scrumptious and hearty dinner any time of the year. Serve with a lightly dressed side salad and/or roasted or steamed vegetables to round-out this yummy meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounces) can chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops, 3/4-inch-thick each
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
In a greased 13x 9-inch baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Beef and cheese lasagna 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Dirty Rice with Beans & Sausage 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Cake with Vanilla Sauce 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- G. Garvin’s Baked Georgia Catfish 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lightened up Pumpkin Roll 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Mini Shrimp Rolls 4.7/5 (18 Votes)