Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Mizkan Ponzu
This amazingly delicious seared ahi tuna salad is the real deal! Such amazing flavors come together in this dish, like the Japanese seven spice, ponzu, and honey for a bit of sweetness.
- 8 oz sushi grade ahi tuna steak
- 1 tablespoon Shichimi Togarashi
- Olive oil, for pan-searing
- 1 (5-ounce) box spring mix salad,
- 1 tablespoon Tobikko roes
- Pinch of shredded roasted seaweeds
- Pinch of white sesame
- 1/4 cup Mizkan AJIPON® Ponzu
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white sesame, ground
Rub and season the ahi tuna steak with the Shichimi Togarashi, for 15 minutes. Heat up a pan on medium heat and add some olive oil to coat the pan. Pan-sear each side of the ahi tuna steak for about 30 seconds or as soon as the surface turns opaque. Dish out and let cool in the fridge.
Prepare the Dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
To serve, toss the salad with the dressing and divide the salad into individual serving bowls. Slice the ahi tuna into pieces and lay them on the salad. Add some Tobikko, shredded roasted seaweed, and sesame as toppings and serve immediately.