Immunity-Boosting Pearfectly Probiotic Smoothie
Rich and healthy, this smoothie boasts multiple ingredients that complement our unique blend of probiotics to help boost your immune system and fill your belly. Cold and flu season is just around the corner, so why not head it off the fun way—with a tasty treat.
Our probiotics are formulated for everyone and this belly-warming smoothie is too! It’s 100% vegan and gluten-free, meaning it can be tailored to anyone.
- 1-2 packets H2PRO Flavorless Immune Health formula
- 1 tbsp grated or finely chopped ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 leaves fresh kale, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup pear, cut in 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced (or hand-squeezed)
- 1 heaping tbsp raw, unsalted almond butter
- 2 heaping tbsp of coconut cream (skimmed from the top of full-fat coconut milk)
- Agave nectar, honey, or other natural sweetener, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Adapted from h2probiotics.com
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, mixing until you reach your desired consistency. Add in additional water or fresh citrus juice if you want a smoother texture and ice if you prefer your smoothies chilled (add ice at the end, after all other ingredients are already happily nestled in the blender, to avoid a crunchy texture). For best results, drink your smoothie within two hours. Want it to stay fresh longer? Add the juice of one lemon.
Optional method for increasing available nutrients:
Before blending your smoothie, make a quick and easy “kale tea” to help bring out nutrients and intensify flavor. This can be done the day before to make your morning smoothie routine even easier. If you like a little spice, start by boiling the chopped ginger in a cup of water for 5 minutes (expect some water evaporation). If the extra zing isn’t your style, skip the ginger and move to the next step.
Remove the pot from the heat, add the kale, and stir until the kale is blanched (slightly softened). Transfer the mixture into a cup or bowl and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator or freezer. Once it’s completely cool, proceed with the prep instructions above.
You'll also love
- Chewy Candy Corn Nutter Butter Bars 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Red, White, & Blue Strawberry... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon Sugar Cookie 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Red-Wine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe