Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Cookie Base Layer:
- 1 (30-ounce) package Pillsbury™ chocolate chip cookie dough
- Caramel Layer:
- 7 ounces soft caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Soft Cookie Dough Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Press Pillsbury cookie dough into the bottom of a 10-inch deep skillet. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top layer is light golden brown and cookie has set in the center. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
2. Prepare the caramel layer by melting caramel candies and heavy cream together in a medium pot, stirring constantly. Drizzle over cookie layer in the skillet. Place in fridge and allow to cool and set completely, for about 1 hour.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cookie-dough ingredients together until smooth. Mixture should be thick, but spreadable. Spread on top of cooled caramel layer.
4. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and heavy cream together for 60 seconds. Whisk and return to microwave if needed. Microwave in 30 second bursts just until smooth. Spread glaze over cookie-dough layer. Place skillet in fridge and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving, about 30-45 minutes.
5. If the cookie has been stored in the fridge for longer than 1 hour, remove it from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.