Crab & Corn Fritters
Feel free to double the batch and freeze. Serve with homemade tartar sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 3 TBS chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups corn (I'm using fresh corn cooked and taken off the cob)
- 8 oz. lump crab meat, picked over
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Adapted from stonegableblog.com
Combine flour, cornmeal, chives, baking powder, salt, and red pepper in a large bowl. Mix.
Combine buttermilk and eggs in a bowl and mix well. Add egg mixture, corn and crab meat to the flour mixture, stirring gently.
Heat a large skillet with 2 TBS oil. Heat till oil is hot and shimmery. Drop 4, 1/4 cup cup batter mounds in the pan. Cook on one side for 4 minutes until golden brown, turn and cook for 2 minutes longer. Repeat adding 2 TBS oil to pan until all the batter is used. Keep in a warm oven.
Serve with tartar sauce.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Glazed Kielbasa Bites 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Classic Potato Salad 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Pesto-olive chicken 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp in Panini Press 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Mini Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Fritters 4.5/5 (39 Votes)