Stir-Fry Beef and Vegetables
- 1-2 lbs round or sirloin steak
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cooking wine
- 1/4 c water
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thin sliced or green onions, cut bite-sized
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small head broccoli, cut
- 1/2 c water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 small green or red pepper
- 4 c fresh spinach leaves
- 1 c fresh bean sprouts
- 1 c fresh sliced mushrooms
Thaw meat partially and slice across grain in very thin bite-sized pieces.
Stir together soy sauce, cornstarch, water, wine, and molasses.
May want to marinate meat in 2 Tbsp wine and molasses.
Preheat oil in large skillet.
Stir fry any combination of onion, carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts, celery, or peppers for 3 minutes and then if desired, add any of the remaining ingredients.
Stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer until vegetables are crisp but tender.
Remove and add more cooking oil.
Stir-fry meat until brown.
Stir in soy sauce mixture and cook until thick.
Add veggies and cook until heated through.
Serve over rice.