- 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly).
- 1 bell pepper diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice fresh preferred
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Tortilla chips for serving
Adapted from spendwithpennies.com
Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well-combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.