Melt in Your Mouth Sausages
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (sweet, mild, or hot)
- 48 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes or 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 c water
Cook sausage in skillet in water.
Simmer 10 minutes and drain.
Meanwhile place remaining ingredients in slow cooker; add drained sausage (cut in hot dog lengths).
Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
Increase temp to high and cook one more hour.
Serve in buns or cut sausage into bite sized slices and serve over spaghetti. Yields 8 servings.