Cheesy Caramelized Onion Dip
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded Gruyère
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Drain bacon and set aside, reserving about 1 tablespoon of fat in the pan.
Melt butter in the same pan. Add onions and cook until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, then season with salt and pepper. Fold in cheeses, crumbled bacon and onions. Transfer to a small baking dish and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and serve warm with bread for dipping.