Pineapple Upside-Down Cake/Coconut Flour
- 1-1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup honey, divided
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 12 (or, ahem, 7) pineapple rings about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
Adapted from healthhomehappiness.com
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Whisk coconut flour, blanched almond flour, and seasalt together.
Beat in coconut milk, 3/4 cup honey, eggs, and vanilla and then continue to beat them together until no clumps remain.
Melt coconut oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over moderately high heat.
Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup honey.
When the honey and coconut oil foam and bubble, gently arrange pineapple into the skillet.
Place dried cherries in the center of each pineapple ring and around the rings.
Turn off the heat, pour inthe cake batter, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour in an oven preheated to 350 F or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes before inverting on a platter and serving.
You'll also love
- Maple Sausage French Toast Bake 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana doughnut for the doughnut... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad with... 3.8/5 (44 Votes)
- Auntie Lisa's suafa'i (Samoan... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- APPLE CRANBERRY BACON CANDIED... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Grain Free Coconut Lemon Blueberry... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Black Bean & Pineapple Quinoa Salad 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Pineapple Casserole 3.8/5 (94 Votes)