Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic spaghetti sauce, divided
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
3. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.