Apple Cornbread Muffins
Mmm, think corn bread with a slight hint of apple flavoring.The sweetness of these muffins is slight which is just right!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and coarsely diced (Granny Smith apples preferred)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from google.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl, blend well.
In a separate bowl, blend together the milk, egg, and butter. Add the apple and the milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix lightly; only until dry ingredients are moistened. (The batter will be slightly lumpy. DO NOT over mix!)
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and the tops spring back when touched.
You'll also love
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.3/5 (142 Votes)
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Blueberry Corn Muffins 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Corn Muffin Mix 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Crumbed Eggplant 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut and Passionfruit Slice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Armenian Spice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)