Apple Cornbread Muffins
Mmm, think corn bread with a slight hint of apple flavoring.The sweetness of these muffins is slight which is just right!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and coarsely diced (Granny Smith apples preferred)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from google.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl, blend well.
In a separate bowl, blend together the milk, egg, and butter. Add the apple and the milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix lightly; only until dry ingredients are moistened. (The batter will be slightly lumpy. DO NOT over mix!)
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and the tops spring back when touched.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Shrimp Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetable Side: Creamed Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mrs. Wilkes Coconut Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Parsnips 0/5 (0 Votes)