adapted from fat free Indian cooking
- 500 g boneless and skinless chicken thighs diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice/ 2 caps vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger puree
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Put 500 g diced chicken thighs with two caps of distilled wine vinegar or 2tbsp lemon juice with some iodized salt and keep aside for 30 min.
2. Take 1/2 of a huge yellow onion and dice it. Mix the onion in a saucepan with some sugar and 1 tbsp of the salty water from chicken mixture on low heat. When the onions begin to sizzle cover the pan and cook for 10 min. Change to high heat and brown the onions. Set aside.
3. Put chicken in 12 inch diameter pan and add 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp ginger puree. Cook over medium heat stirring,until sizzling. Increase the heat to high and cook for 3 min stirring constantly.
4. Add 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1.2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 2 min stirring constantly.
5. Stir in the onions and 1 tsp sugar and cook for 10 min, stirring frequently.
6. Add one cut tomato and 1/2 cup warm water and cover the pan tightly.
7. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 min.
8. Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium. Continue to cook for 5 min, stirring frequently.
9. Stir in coriander leaves and cook for 1 min.