Best Danged Beef Pot Roast ~ (Ted’s Favorite)
The applesauce adds a certain something that really makes a huge difference!
- Small to medium size rump roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 individual size serving apple sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bag sliced carrots
- 2 medium to large size potatoes, cut up
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
Sear the roast in frying pan with small amount of oil. Sear it well on all sides.
Put roast, then vegetables in crock pot. Mix envelope mixes with water and applesauce, then pour over all.
Set crock pot on low and let it cook for at least 8-10 hours.
If you'd rather use this recipe to make stew, simply cut the roast into bite size pieces, then sear in a frying pan the same as the roast.