Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine sugar and oil until thoroughly blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
3. Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely before preparing the cream cheese frosting.
4. For the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter; mixing until well-combined and fluffy - about 2 minutes. Gradually add in confectioners' sugar. Once the confectioners' sugar is completely incorporated, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and milk. If frosting appears to be too thick, slowly add in a little more milk until you reach the desired consistency. If desired, add pumpkin pie spice and mix until well-combined. Spoon over cooled cake.
- Recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temp for one hour before serving.