Slow Cooker Creamy Reuben Soup
Servings: 14 (each serving is 1 cup)
Carbs: 5 g
Fat: 7 g
Protein: 12 g
- 1 medium, diced onion
- 2 ribs diced celery
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. light butter
- 1 lb. chopped corned beef (I used pre-cooked Boar’s Head corned beef from the deli counter)
- 32 oz. beef stock
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups fat-free half and half
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Adapted from community.myfitnesspal.com
1. Heat slow cooker on high setting. To a large sauté pan, over low-medium heat, add onion, celery, garlic and light butter. Sauté until soft and translucent.
2. Transfer to heated slow cooker. To the slow cooker, add corned beef, beef stock, sauerkraut, salt, caraway seed and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours.
3. Add fat-free half and half and Swiss cheese. Cook 1 additional hour.