Jamaican Style Beef Stew
- 1 - TBS. canola oil
- 1 - TBS. sugar
- 1-1/2 - lbs.boneless, beef sirloin,cut into 3/4" cubes
- 5 - plum tomatoes ,finely chopped
- 3 - lg. carrots,cut into1/2" slices
- 3 - celery ribs, cut into1/2" slices
- 4 - green onions, chopped
- 3/4 - cup beef broth
- 1/4 - cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 - cup soy sauce
- 2 - TBS A-1 sauce
- 1 - TBS garlic powder
- 1 - tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 - tsp allspice
- 1/4 - pepper
- 1/8 - tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1-TBS cornstarch
- 2 - TBS cold water
In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium high heat.Add sugar, cook & stir for one minute or until lightly
Add beef, brown on all sides,
Stir in vegetables,broth, barbecue sauce,soy sauce.A-1 sauce,and seasonings.
Bring to a boil.Reduce heat ,cover and simmer for 1-1-1/4hours or meat and vegetables are tender.
Combine cornstarch and water till smooth, slowly stir into stew.
Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2- minutes or until thickened.
Can be served with rice or mashed potatoes if desired.