Pumpkin Magic Cake
Here’s the deal with this Pumpkin Magic Cake – it has a little bit of everything to please just about everyone.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix PLUS ingredients needed to make (eggs, water, oil)
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree, 15 ounces
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix, 4 serving size
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
Adapted from iwashyoudry.com
You start off by mixing up a box of yellow cake mix, just like you normally would. Pour it into the cake pan, then you whip up some pumpkin pie, and pour that on top. It sinks to the bottom, and when baked it comes out in perfect layers!
Whisk up the top layer which is just a combination of Cool Whip, Pudding mix, milk and pumpkin pie spice. Spread it on top, and you have a multi-level dessert with layers upon layers of delicious Fall flavor.
1 box of yellow cake mix PLUS ingredients needed to make (eggs, water, oil)
1 (4 serving size) box vanilla instant pudding mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare box of cake mix according to package instructions, then pour into a lightly greased 9"x13" cake pan. DO NOT BAKE. Set aside.
In another bowl whisk together the ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin, evaporated milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice), until smooth. Slowly pour the pumpkin pie mixture all over the cake mix.
Carefully place cake into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly, and a toothpick inserted into cake mix comes out clean. NOTE: The cake might be slightly darker than normal, but still tastes great. Let cool to room temperature.
Make the frosting: Place the vanilla pudding mix into a large bowl, add the pumpkin pie spice and pour in the cold milk. Whisk until combined and starting to thicken. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until it's completely combined. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
Before baking the cake, you can place it on top of a rimmed baking sheet just in case any of the cake spills over the edge of the pan while baking.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Sausage Bake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Pumpkin pudding 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake/Muffins 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)