Vegan Cocoa Apple Cake Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup (dry measuring cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tablespoon Oil (I used canola)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peeled, Cored & Diced Apples into small pieces (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup (See My Notes) Granulated Sugar
- Read More: http://www.egglesscooking.com/2010/10/04/vegan-cocoa-apple-cake/
Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 Mins. Lightly grease and line the cake tin with parchment paper. Spray the paper with non stick cooking spray as well.
In a medium size bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Break the lumps in baking soda if any and mix it well with the flour.
In another bowl mix together the water, applesauce, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture and stir until just moistened.
Fold in the apples and sugar into the batter and pour it in the prepared pan.
Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. I checked mine after 30 minutes and it was done perfectly.
Read More: http://www.egglesscooking.com/2010/10/04/vegan-cocoa-apple-cake/