Renata's special holiday turdey
When buying a frozen turkey, you must thaw it in the fridge, 5 pounds per day.
If its a 20 pound turkey, calculate albs per day, (days). Brine turkey for 2 days.
- 20 lbs Turkey
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 onions,
- 2 stalk of celery
- sausage meat,
- Kumit bread
- 1 or 2 grated cheese. preference
- 2 to 4 eggs depending on the mixture (should not be soft)
1. Saute onions, celery, carrots and sausage meal in skillet.
2. Boil a handful of rice, rinse before cooking, and rinse after cooking and set aside.
3. Use kumit bread, cut into chunks and place in baking sheet till roasted.
4. Add sausage meat, rice and bread, grated cheese, and eggs. And mix well.
5. Spray a baking pan and place mixture into the pan, let cook at 375 for 1 hour.
After brining the turkey wash the turkey and pat dry. season the turkey with seasoning.
In a medium bowl, mix the sage, orange zest, salt and pepper. Remove the tail, neck, heart and gizzard from the turkey and reserve for making turkey broth. Rub the spice mixture under the turkey's skin fore the entire breast, legs and thighs, as well as in the cavity and over the wings. Set on a platter or pan large enough to hold the turkey and refrigerate, uncovered overnight.
To roast Turkey
Position rack in the bottom of the oven and heat the oven to 400.