- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Med Yellow Onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Cups tomato sauce
- 1 pound lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1/2 pound pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and sauté onions for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally or until browned.
Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until lightly golden
Add the tomato sauce to the saucepan. Add the lentils and 12 cups of water and bring to a boil.
Cover reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Add the cooked pasta and simmer for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until all ingredients are heated.
Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)