Chicken Nacho Pita Bites
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped drained pickled jalapeño peppers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 30 whole wheat pita chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from canadianliving.com
Stir together chicken, jalapeños, lime juice and chili powder.
Arrange pita chips on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Top each with some of the chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 400ºF (200ºC) oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Top with sour cream and tomato.