Chunky Tomato Basil Soup
This came from the label of Kroger's diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans
- diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crumbled
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh basil leaves, julienned
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil and saute onion, celery, and carrot until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
Add the diced tomatoes, dried basil, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh julienned basil.