Apple Crisp Cookie Pizza
- Cookie Pizza
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted 2 to 3 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon vanilla
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large round pizza pan with cooking spray.
2 Measure out 1/3 cup of the oatmeal cookie mix, and set aside.
3 In medium bowl, beat remaining cookie mix with the butter, egg and water 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Drop dough onto pan, and spread so it completely covers the bottom.
4 Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until edges just begin to turn brown.
5 In medium bowl, mix reserved cookie mix, the oats and nuts. Use pastry blender to cut butter into dry ingredients until it is the size of small peas.
6 In large bowl, toss sliced apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Scatter apples on top of partially baked cookie crust, and sprinkle with oat mixture.
7 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until topping is crisp. Cool completely.
8 Mix Icing ingredients. Drizzle on top of cooled cookie pizza. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.