Tiramisu Brownie Trifle
- 1 (18-21-oz) pkg fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 1 16-oz container of frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (1.45-oz) bars dark chocolate candy, divided
- 1/2-1 c coffee liqueur, divided
- 1/2 c water
- 3 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 (8-oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.3-oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Large large sheet pan with 20 in piece of parchment paper; set aside.
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and pour batter into pan.
Bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove brownie from pan to cooling rack.
Chop 1 1/2 of the chocolate bars and set aside.
Put 3/4 c whipped topping into plastic bag with tip.
For filling, combine 1/2 c coffee liqueur, water and instant coffee and stir until dissolved using a whisk.
Gradually add coffee mixture to cream cheese, whisking until smooth.
Add pudding mix to cream cheese mix and whisk until it begins to thicken.
Fold in remaining whipped topping and chopped chocolate in and set aside.
Cut brownies into 1 in cubes and brush cubes with additional 1/2 c coffee liqueur.
To assemble trifle, place one-third of the brownie cubes in trifle bowl.
Layer one third of the filling evenly over the brownies.
Repeat layers 2 more times.
Pipe whipped topping in rows 1/2 in apart over filling.
Grate remaining chocolate bar over whipped topping. Yield 20 servings.