Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 bag (16 oz.) dried black beans
- 8 oz. vegan cheddar cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 green bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- Grape seed oil
- 6 multigrain buns, toasted
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small tomato, sliced thinly
- 6 slices soy cheese (or regular cheese)
1. In a large bowl, soak beans in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
2. In a large pot, place beans in just enough water to cover 1-inch above the surface of the beans. Boil over high heat until tender. Cool beans and chop roughly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine next 14 ingredients (vegan cheese through sea salt), mixing until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Form mixture into 6 patties.
4. In a large skillet coated with grape seed oil, fry the patties over medium-high heat until crisp on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve burgers on multigrain buns topped with lettuce, onions, tomato and cheese, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)