Roast Pork and Sweet Potatoes Roast Pork and Sweet Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
- 1 large pork tenderloin (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F. Pierce the pork all over with a fork. Combine the brown sugar, sage, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a bowl; rub all over the pork.
Toss the sweet potatoes and onion with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the cayenne on a baking sheet; season with salt and black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden, 20 minutes; set aside.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning, until golden, 5 minutes; transfer to the baking sheet with the vegetables (reserve the skillet). Roast until the sweet potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 145 degrees F, 11 to 13 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the broth to the skillet; bring to a simmer over medium heat, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Stir in the mustard, chives and a few grinds of black pepper. Slice the pork; drizzle with the pan sauce. Serve with the roasted vegetables.
You'll also love
- Sauteed Apples 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Hearty Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Cauliflower Purée with Thyme 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brisket and Onions 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Marriage Meatloaf 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- ZZ Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pork... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Burger 4.6/5 (17 Votes)