Ham & Cheese on Hawaiian Rolls
Warm poppy seed sauce glazes the tops of these ham and cheese sandwich bites. Start with prepared dinner rolls and end with an easy crowd-pleasing appetizer filled with melty cheese, mustard, and savory ham. These ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls, mini sandwiches, make a great lunch or finger food at a baby shower or wedding shower.
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- POPPYSEED SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese inside each roll. Close rolls and place close together on a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet.
POPPY SEED SAUCE:
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients.
Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops.
Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly.
Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.
Note: Sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.
You'll also love
- Amaretto Peach Martini 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Witches Brew Martini 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Paleo Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Apple Butter Glazed Ham 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Chili's Skillet Queso Dip 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Stuffed... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Feta Dip 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Beef Jerky Made with a Dehydrator 3.9/5 (102 Votes)