Low Fat Lemon Cheesecake with Apricot Glaze
Using low fat cottage cheese and light cream cheese, and using low fat granola-skipping the butter- lowers the fat count per serving to just 5 grams. Calories: 206 Carbs: 34g
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola (add 1/4 cup to extend crust up sides of pan)
- 16 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 8oz pkg. light cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
- Apricot Glaze:
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves or 1 recipe of Poached Peach Topping
- Or: fresh fruit and berries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Whirl granola in food processor till slightly ground. Coat an 8" springform pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Coat inside of pan with granola.
Process together cottage cheese and cream cheese in food processor till smooth. Whirl in flour, sugar, salt, egg whites, lemon juice, and rind. Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 50 min. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven with door slightly open for 1 hr. Remove pan to rack to cool completely. Gently loosen sides. Remove sides of pan.
Melt preserves in small saucepan over medium heat. When cool enough to touch, brush over top of cake (Or, top with fresh fruits or a recipe of Poached Peach Topping.)
You'll also love
- Bacon Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Low-Sugar Strawberry Freeze Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange Scones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Julius 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CAKE - Lemon Poppy Seed Chiffon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot-Raspberry Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)