Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
This easy recipe is just like the fried apples on Cracker Barrel's menu... DELICIOUS! They also freeze well but I'd bet you won't have any leftovers, they're so good!
- 2 1/2 cups apple juice, divided
- 4 large golden delicious apples, with peel, cut 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from food.com
In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples. Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch, apple pie spice and sugar. Blend a few seconds until smooth.
Whisk mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth. Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
Please note the cooking time is an approximate.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- FRIED CINNAMON APPLE RINGS 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Black-Bottom Banana Bars 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Cakes 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Toffee Dip 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Vanilla Bourbon Peanut Brittle 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake 4.5/5 (23 Votes)