Harvey Wallbanger Cake Revised
I first made this cake in the '70s, and here it is again!
- 1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 fluid oz Galliano liqueur
- 2 fluid oz vodka
- 5 fluid oz orange juice
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 thinly sliced orange
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
2. Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Blend in eggs, vegetable oil, 4 oz of the Galliano, 1 oz of the vodka, and 4 oz of the orange juice. Mix batter until smooth and pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cake cool in par for 10 minutes and then remove and place on cooling rack. Spoon glaze per cake while it is still warm.
4. To make glaze: combine the remaining 1 oz Galliano, 1 oz vodka and 1 oz orange juice with the confectioner's sugar and blend until smooth. Spoon gaze over warm cake. Place thin slices of a fresh orange (with rind) over the glaze for decoration.