Paleo Parsnip Mash
This parsnip side dish is great to accompany steak with veggies, chicken, turkey, and even fish! It is also a Thanksgiving must; no dinner table on this holiday can be without a large mashed parsnips bowl and a big plate of gravy right by its side.
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from amazingpaleo.com
Add olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Once olive oil is hot, add onions. Cook until onions are tender and translucent. Add sliced parsnips and water to the skillet and close with lid. Cook until parsnips have softened.
Pour onion/parsnip mix, sea salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until the parsnips have mashed.
You'll also love
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Mongolian Shrimp Recipe 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Maine Sea Scallops in Black Tie 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Grandma's Green Bean Casserole 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Crispy French Fries in an... 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Turnips in an Instant Pot 3.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Garlic Rosemary Monkey Bread 3.9/5 (10 Votes)