Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
For turkey legs and chicken legs
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 1 to 1 1/2 pound turkey legs
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
1. Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Place turkey legs into a baking dish and rub with salt mixture. cover and chill 12 to 15 hours.
2. preheat oven to 400. Transfer turkey to a roasting pan, discarding accumulated liquid. pour broth over turkey. let stand 30 minutes. bake 1 hour.
3. Reduce temperature to 350. Baste with pan juices and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes or until mean pulls away from bone, turning legs every 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.