Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2-pound butternut squash, peeled and 3/4-inch, diced
- Good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 43mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the butternut squash on a sheet pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss. Roast the squash for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until tender. Add the cranberries to the pan for the last 5 minutes.
While the squash is roasting, combine the apple cider, vinegar, and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cider is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Off the heat, whisk in the mustard, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and add the roasted squash mixture, the walnuts, and the grated Parmesan. Spoon just enough vinaigrette over the salad to moisten and toss well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Lemon Chicken and Shishito Pepper... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus with Melted... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Soup with Asiago... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Zucchini-Potato Latkes with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Turnips & Butternut Squash... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mammo-Grahams 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Perfect Roast Potatoes Recipe 4.6/5 (8 Votes)