Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2-3 large bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 package chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 3T. water
- Sliced scallions, for garnish - http://hugsandcookiesxoxo.com/2014/06/slow-cooker-honey-garlic-chicken.html#sthash.DBkQGMda.dpuf
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 325mins
Adapted from hugsandcookiesxoxo.com
Place all the chicken in the crockpot.
In a bowl, whisk honey, tamari, blackberry jam, olive oil & garlic.
Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cover the crock pot and cook the chicken on high for 5 hours.
Carefully remove all of the chicken to a plate.
Remove skin/bones and using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
Put the chicken in a bowl.
Remove liquid from crockpot and strain into a pot over medium heat.
Whisk in the cornstarch/water and boil a few minutes to reduce.
Strain this through a sieve.
Pour the sauce over the chicken, stirring to evenly mix.
Pour as much or as little as you’d like!!! Top with scallions!! Serve over rice!