Slow-Cooker Mexicali Chicken
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14-ounce) bottle hot and spicy tomato ketchup
- hot cooked rice
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from winnerdinners.com
Place the bell peppers and onion in the slow-cooker; top with chicken. Sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken.
Combine the salsa and the hot and spicy ketchup. Pour over the chicken. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken pieces. Remove the meat from the bones. Shred the meat and place it back into the sauce.
Serve over hot cooked rice.